+ What's included?
- An unforgettable week-long adventure in Uganda
- 7 nights accommodation
- 3 meals per day
- Race entry to the 10k, half or full marathon race on Sunday 4th June 2017
- (Don’t fancy running but everything else sounds great? Take part in everything else and then organise a water station or cheer on race morning!)
- Your entry fee also subsidies FIFTEEN Ugandan junior runners to participate – are alongside those you’ve helped
- Airport pickup and return
- Donation to local NGO The True Uganda
- All daily activities including:
- Pre-race chill out, games & activities
- Pre-race pool party & hotel afternoon and pre-race medical briefing
- Language & cultural lessons from our local staff
- 24/7 emergency medical support from a team of UK doctors
- The UNCONFERENCE: World-record breaking adventurers help you explore what matters to you through workshops and talks, the day before the race.
- All core feed/water stations & medical support
- Stunning handmade finisher’s medal
- Pre-race pasta party
- Pre-race package including fundraising and trip planning support
- Exclusive discounts on safari, rafting, and volunteering opportunities
+ What's not included?
- Flights (GYA will supply a list of suitable airlines and routes)
- Ugandan Visa ($50, available to buy in person at all entry points/ * rports)
- Incidentals (Soft drinks, souvenirs etc.)
+ What does it cost? where does the money go?
- All funds go directly to your Uganda Marathon Trip and supporting local NGO The True Uganda as well as supply scholarships opportunities for GYAP
- Total USD$1,750
- $400 Marathon
- $900 Accommodation, Private Transport, and all meals
- $300 The Real Uganda Donation
- $150 scholarship for young leaders in the GYA Program
+ Is there an age limit?
- Yes, you must be 18 or older to join us in Uganda. If you are traveling with a parent or adult guardian, then exceptions can be made. Contact us for details.
+ how do i sign up?
- You can register and sign up for the Uganda Marathon here: www.gyaprogram.com/marathon-register
+ Can I fundraise?
- Definitely! In fact, we encourage you to get your family, friends, and community involved. They can help you reach your fundraising goals and be part of this incredible adventure!
+ do you have a fundraising platform i can use?
- Yes we do! GYA has set up a fundraising page just for you!
+ what is your refund policy?
Once donations have been received by GVN Foundaiton, we bound by law to ensure they are used for charitabel benefit: returning them to a private citizen is not allowed. GVN Foundation is a registered tax-exempt non-profit organization in the United States (often referred to as a "501(c)(3)" organization).
As a registered non-profit, GVNF is required to meet and uphold the legislative regulations and federal tax requirements associated with 501(c)(3) registration. As a 501(c)(3), tax receipts are provided to all donors. For this reason, donations made through the GVNF fundraising platform are non-refundable and must be used for charitable purposes'. (Donors in the US are eligible to apply for a tax rebate on their donations; donors from other countries are recommended to check the rules and regulations of their country regarding the use of the tax receipt.)
+ What do i do while i'm in uganda?
- You can take a look at the full Uganda Itinerary here!
+ what if i can't run a marathon?
- You have the option to run a 10K, Half or Full Marathon depending on your fitness level
- If you do not wish to run you can participate in everything else, but we will organize a water station or cheer station for you during the Marathon Day
+ do i have to do the adventure add-ons?
- The add-ons are just that! You do not need to take part in them if you are not interested! We can arrange to have you do something else or you are free to return home after our two days of visiting the local projects.
+ can i do more volunteering?
- Yes! You can volunteer through The Real Uganda for a minimum of 10 days for USD$500. This includes all your accommodation and meals. If you are interested please let us know!