ABOUT OUR UGANDA PROGRAM
UGANDA Program Overview
- Project based in Lugazi, 3 hours outside Entebbe, Uganda.
- Different local projects offer you the opportunity to visit several community outreach programs.
- Workshops on the importance of cultural exchange, empowering women through family and community strengthening, and creating income generation.
- Opportunities to connect with local community members.
- Very personalized small group experience with Ambassadors from around the world
- 24/7 access to 2 experienced GYAP leaders supported by local guides
- Personal coaching throughout your fundraising process
- Full pre-trip coordinator of in-country accommodation and travel
- Help with flight planning
- Articles, videos , and pre-trip workshop to get you ready for your experience
- Skype session with a parent/guardian to meet the leadership team and ask any personalized questions
- 24-hour staff supervision
- Nightly debrief
- 24/7 Emergency Contact Available
- 3-month follow up workshop with your group
- Continued communication and support from GYAP team
- Direct access to our international partners
UGANDA PROGRAM DETAILS
Program Tuition for Uganda is USD $2,295
Group Size: The group size for the Uganda Program is limited to 12 Ambassadors. You will be accompanied by two GYA staff members and local guides provided by our partner organization.
The balance of your program cost is paid in full 2 months prior to the start date of your trip.
There is a $250 non-refundable deposit when you secure your in-country placement to a specific trip. This is paid directly to our partner.
Tuition Includes: All in-country transport include private coach transfer, bus transfer to guesthouse and project sites, and bus on return to Entebbe; All in-country activities as outlined in the Program Itinerary; Formal workshops with GYAP staff on Ugandan culture, the importance of cultural exchange, empowering women through family and community strengthening, and income generating activities; 24/7 presence of experienced GYA staff and local guides who will be with you from arrival to departure.
Tuition Does Not Include: Travel (international flights) between your home and Entebbe, Uganda; any visa required; a current passport (valid through 6-months after the trip); some lunches and dinners, drinks and snacks (allow $75); Travel Insurance (approx. $150); any necessary vaccinations.
Program Tuition for GYAP Uganda is USD $2,295
2017 UGANDA TRIP DATES
6 Spots Remaining
*All trips are subject to cancellation if the minimum number of participants has not been meet.*
ABOUT OUR PARTNER
the real uganda
The Real Uganda recruits and places international volunteers with a number of schools and community based organizations around Uganda. Through our volunteer placement program, we aim to build the capacities of local organizations and raise awareness around the world about the successes and challenges of life in Uganda.
Many local organizations lack the money and skills to grow themselves. With our program in place, our partner organizations are overcoming some of the more serious challenges they face. These include: lack of money for operations (wages, office space, transport, training courses), lack of business skills (book keeping, marketing, strategy, grant writing), and lack of up to date knowledge (Counseling/mentoring skills, English language, HIV/AIDS and life skills information).
Leslie is the founder of The Real Uganda. They start placing international volunteers in Ugandan led, grassroots organizations in 2005. Leslie works with a variety of Uganda young leaders as they work to empower their community.